Goodness, it's been a while. My first session ended without my blogging about my progress. In terms of inches, the progress is unclear. Since I started at another location, the person who measured me at the end of session 1 is not the same person who measured at the beginning. So, some of my measurements were off. In fact, I seemingly gained inches in my chest, forearms, and other places! How crazy. I guess it is very important that you get measured by the same person each time! In terms of pounds, I lost ~8.5 my first session. Not fantastic, but about what I was expecting (~1 pound per week). I'm stronger for sure, and fellow bootcampers commented on how I look smaller.
So, we can call session 1 a success. Though, I've been incredibly exhausted this whole time! I'm so tired Monday through Thursday, that have no energy to do anything except go to work and go to bootcamp. I've started cooking alot of my food on Sunday so as to avoid having to cook when I get home after bootcamp. By then, I only have energy to take a shower and eat. I thought I could then get up on Thursday morning to work out, but that has yet to happen! I'm so pooped on Thursday morning that I can't get up in time. I've been waiting for the increase in energy that this new fitness would bring, but I'm still waiting . . . . .
Now that I've begun session 2, I'm surprised that the exercises haven't gotten any easier seemingly. Maybe its because as a vet, I now have to do exercises with weights/resistance bands that I didn't have to do the first few weeks of my first session. But, the running hasn't gotten any easier, either. Maybe because its cold out, and I get quite lethargic when I'm cold . . . . .
And before I knew it, its now halfway through this second session! This has certainly flew by quicker than I'd expected. The running has only gotten mildly easier. Trying to get 25% protein a day is also still a challenge. But, I spent most of last week away at a conference, and my goal was just to not gain weight. When I weighed in Saturday, I'd actually lost 1 pound! Yay! I did do some exercising while I was away, but nothing much compared to a bootcamp workout. So, I'm pleased. I think sometimes my body needs a change from getting only 1200-1300 calories a day. Maybe the occassional increase in calories and salt (and probably fat) keeps my metabolism on its toes. Now that I'm back to my usual bootcamp routine, maybe I can actually lose more than a pound this week. . . . . . .
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment