One week down and I feel great! I can feel muscles that I could swear I'd lost a couple of years ago. I lost 5lbs in the first week! THAT'S encouragement. I am so happy I made the decision to challenge myself and make this change.
I thought the biggest hurdle was going to be getting up early and being able to function in a class of individuals who have been working at a goal for weeks and months longer than I had. But in actuality, I am excited about going in the morning. I get it done and the rest of the day is mine. And the group is so encouraging and realistic. The instructor Carlos, and Advisor, Arianna have also played key roles in ensuring a stable transition for the new comers.
My biggest issue thus far has been the food. I know how to eat right in theory. But the truth about it is I have never been a "foody" I'm a sweets person. So at times I feel lost when I'm hungry. I was used to grabbing something sweet to curve my appetite and keeping it moving. But now I have to stop and plan and calculate. But I know from past experience that putting the work in now will create good habits later. Soon I will be able to tell what my body needs and not need as much decision making time. It will become second nature.
I am excited about the transformations to come.
-AP
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment