Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Totally Missed Wk 5 But Insteresting...
I totally missed week 5, but it was interesting nonetheless. I had to go home to Louisiana for a week and some change. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight while I was there. Didn't lose either since my eating schedule was thrown a monkey wrench with all I had to do there. But the interesting thing is I tried to sneak a fried crab cake (always loved crab cakes) and I fried shrimp, but I could literally taste the oil. It was overwhelming and everyone else looked at me like I was crazy b/c they didn't get what I was saying. It felt like my mouth had been coated with Crisco. I popped so many Alka-Seltzers just to calm my turning stomach. Never did get to finish that crab cake. My fried food days are officially behind me. I kinda told myself that after the 12 weeks was over, I'd treat myself to some Popeyes which I smell on my way home every day, but now that's not gonna happen. When the advisers told us how our taste would change once we alter our eating habits and that we wouldn't want the old stuff anymore, I just assume they'd never really had good food. But now I think about that fried chicken and biscuit and my stomach starts to scream for Alka Seltzer. Amazing how in 5 short weeks, my taste and habits have changed. Things I enjoyed so I now can't stomach thinking of eating them. I've officially crossed over to a healthier eating lifestyle. AMAZING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment