"Hey there, look at you all slim and beautiful this morning", Yay! That's is the comment from one of the consultants at the plant when I arrived today. Yay! I'm eating that up...while i nibble on carrots this morning.
I'm back from a week of illness that resulting in low energy and an inability to eat solid food. I still feel drained but I'm excited to be be back. I made it through my first Saturday with Yardie. It sure is different than those weekday workouts. We piggybacked, I can't believe I successfully carried someone who's about 25 pounds heavier than I am up and down that field on my back. Honestly, I didn't want to do it, I was afraid of being injured. I did it, we all did it. The workout was difficult but fun. I haven't been that dirty since...what, maybe 5th grade. Wow, who knew boot camp would be like army boot camp. The only thing I was missing was a gun and BDUs.
I weighted in today for the first time in two weeks. I don't know what's up with T.C's scale but it should be shot and set on fire. The scale said my weight was down less than 2 pounds. How could that be? My first week meals were healthy and high in protein. My home scale read I was down 2 pounds. The second week, I was sick and on a liquid meal plan. My clothes were fitting loser and I felt lighter. How could it be that the scale said approximately 169 lbs 3 oz and I weighed in at 170? I'm bringing my matches on Saturday to set that scale on fire. Carlos saved my morning and my ego as I got on his scale and it read 166. Yay! I like that number much better and that is what I wrote on my personal log. The real moral to the story of the scale is that it doesn't always matter about the number. I feel good, my clothes are fitting better (although I still have a lot I can't wear), and my energy level is up. I think the amount of weight is important but should not be the sole driver in fitness and the two scales I used on Saturday helped me understand that better than I have before.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment