Monday, September 7, 2009

My FIRST week to a healty lifestyle

I’m glad to be a part of Yardie Fitness Boot Camp. I have been so depressed lately with my weight. Over the last several years I have lost and gained but recently I have gained more weight than ever before. When I get depressed I eat and that was not good, so when I saw the opportunity to enter this contest I did.

I never thought in a million years I would win….

Friday August 21, 2009 I received a call from Portia stating I was chosen to participate in 12 free weeks of Boot Camp with Yardie Fitness. I told her I wanted to scream, I was so excited.

I could not believe it, I was happy, I immediately sent my husband a text to tell him I had won. I then sent a text to just about everyone I knew, and I added it to Facebook,

I knew from that point forward I would need everyone’s help to make it through.

When we reported on Saturday I was so nervous, because I didn’t know what to expect. We had our weigh in, measurements, BMI and pictures taken. We also did a fit test, it was cool.

Monday was the big day….

What, are you serious? I swear after the work out I left my body on the field….It was an eye opener. I mean hey I am not an avid fitness person but I do a lil’ cardio and play a little bit w/ the weights, but THIS was truly an experience. It started out rough and tough, I swear we ran laps about 5-6 times. After the first one I stopped counting. We did push ups, mountain climbers, squats, bear walks sit ups, flutter kicks…. Oh my.

The hour could not have ended soon enough. I got in my car and felt like the celebrity that quoted the phrase “All Hell-To-The-Naw” LOL! But I survived.

Tuesday and Wednesday were about the same. BOTH challenging but I knew I was not going to give up. After both classes I was sore but I pushed thru it.

Our fitness Coach is very good. On the first day she called me red shirt (that’s what I was wearing) now it’s just “RED” and like I told her, I’m not mad about that (since I’m a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.) Smile!

OK so the biggest challenge is the food log, but I think I getting it down.

When I entered the competition I said I wanted to change my eating habits and make it a lifestyle change not just for me but for my family. Since I do most of the cooking, I wanted to find ways to eat healthy and still have food with flavor. This week I found myself preparing my meals on Sunday/Monday and then cooking separate meals from the family. BUT I went to the Yardie Fitness Healthy Cooking Seminar and it was great. We tasted several dishes that were prepared and received lots of ideas. Not only did we eat what was prepared, we saw lots of examples of items to get for our kitchen and we were able to taste everything that was out on display. I tell you I went to grocery shopping right after the seminar. So this week I have prepared some food that the entire family will love.

I can’t wait for week TWO….The first week is behind me. I had a weight loss on Saturday which is our weigh in day and I survived something I never thought I could do.

Can’t wait to give you all my next update.

-Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment