Sunday, September 6, 2009

Nik's Week 2 Experience

Week 1 down and it's the start of Week 2! I'm motivated by my weight loss in the first week. That felt really good to hear.

Mon 8/31 - The warm-up lap isn't as intimidating as it was the first week, think my stamina is definitely increasing...at least just to do that lap. After the lap, jumping straight into those exercises or drills, the only thing I can think sometimes is "When is the water break?" Even though you feel drained and your body is screaming, you really do want to stay with proper form and keep going. If you don't, you're in jeopardy of getting one of those dreaded "special treats" which usually means we're running more laps around the track. I dream of the week when this stuff gets a little easier and my stamina and strength is up and and my leg isn't screaming to be ripped from my body. On another note, following the meal plan isn't so difficult, it's the pre-planning of the meals that becomes a bit time consuming and tedius. However, you quickly recognize the value in it. I've been trying new foods and recipes that before I wasn't open to, but now find myself enjoying and passing them on to my family.

Tue 9/1 - Today's events produced a shock to my system. Once again, my leg and mainly my knee gave me the serious blues and I wasn't able to do a few of the high impact drills. Seeing as how that's exactly what boot camp is it didn't seem like I'd be able to continue with the program. Hearing those words from Matalynn's (Coach) mouth registered a definite shock to my system b/c as much as I cried, moaned, and groaned thru the 1st week, I definitely wanted to continue with the program. I didn't realize how desperate to stay in the program until I got back to work. I got on the phone and immediately started seeking out a doctor who could help me with my knee issues.

Wed 9/2 - Wasn't able to attend boot camp due to this knee. Ugh! Scared I'm going to gain a lb right now or something, but I'm just going to follow my food log. Got an appt tomorrow with an orthopedist. Crossing my fingers right now....

Thu 9/3 - Well, I had my doctor's appt today. It was encouraging. I came out with a plan to address my knee issues and I'm just praying that Yardie is willing to work with me as I'm working thru them. I'll know on Saturday. In the meantime, just going to follow my food log and work on these sit-ups. They don't seem to be getting any easier. Although one thing I noticed is that doing the sit-ups at home versus doing them right after a drill is completely different. It's easier to do the flutter kicks if you haven't been running or something. It seems I can hardly lift my legs off the ground for a flutter kick when we're exercising in the morning.

Sat 9/5 - Whoop! Whoop! Down another 4lbs. That's 9lbs in two weeks. No way they can put me out this program. I was able to comfortably get in a pair of jeans that I wasn't able to squeeze into just weeks ago. I take back all my "Yardie's like al Qaeda" comments I made last week. I'm getting a little farther away from signing up for lipo. I'm biting down on the blues this knee is giving me. I don't want it to appear that too much modification is going to be required for me. As Matalynn said I'm going to drag this leg if I have to. One thing did happen that had me seeing stars...we had to partner up and do frog leaps over each other. Of course, on my partner's first leap she landed smack dab on my neck. O! M! G! I think I got a concussion like 10 mins. later b/c everything was moving. It seemed like the ground was moving and shaking under me. I was too scared to say anything fearing they would tell me I had to go. It passed after a few minutes. But O! M! G! my neck and shoulders were now screaming for detachment. But that's ok. I had a little talk with my body and it knows it needs to get with the act right. We got a lot more pounds to go. Week 2 down...on to Week 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment