Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Wanna Do Over...

During my teenaged life I heard adults say, “Life is what’s happening when you’re making other plans.” Well that has summed up my first week in the Yardie Fitness boot camp. I’m so excited to be a participant in the program as I look forward to experiencing an ‘Amazing Transformation’ but life sure has been happening to me. I had expected to complete the first day of measurements taken, weight, photo and completing the fitness test. I completed everything except the fitness test because I had another appointment at 10:30A…had to leave. Before I left, I weighed in at 170 pounds, the most weight I ever recall weighing. Ouch!

The week of my first work out, may have had the busiest work week I have had all month. I missed my first morning session because of a client commitment that I wasn’t able to reschedule. But by the second session, it sure made up for it. Before the end of the day after that workout I could feel my muscles screaming for biof reeze muscle ointment. I mustard up the energy and did it again on Thursday August, 27 and felt good; relatively speaking. We hit the hills that day and I felt good completing all 5 reps with energy to do more. Running short distances seem to be much more rewarding than trying to make it one lap around the field with my heart pounding against my chest cavity wall.

By the end of that week, I underprepared for the affect working out at the park would have on my allergies and sinuses. I spent the past four days suffering with repetitious sneezing, headache, red swollen eyes, inflamed sinuses all weekend only to get relief today.
I’m hopeful that I will be stronger and better prepared in the next upcoming eleven weeks.

But I still wanna do over…

No comments:

Post a Comment