Friday, September 18, 2009

Week 4 for Renee

I didn't lose any weight last week, so it's been extra credit for me! My only consolation is that almost no one in the group lost the 2 lbs, so practically the whole Piedmont crew has to stay over each day! Perhaps this has confirmed my suspicion that I can't rely on working out only 4 days a week to produce weight loss (even if those 4 days are at bootcamp) . . . this has never worked in the past. Initially, I had this spacey idea that I would supplement my bootcamp workouts with the occasional gym workout or lap around the pool. . .. For the first couple of weeks of bootcamp, this came down to a big, fat "HA!" After Monday through Wednesday workouts, I needed Thursday and Friday to recooperate enough to do a half decent job on Saturday! Now that I'm not so sore and tired (my body is getting accustomed??), I integrated some more cardio this week as coach suggested. Hopefully, the results will be evident.

And though I recover from bootcamp faster than a few weeks ago, I certainly am still struggling DURING bootcamp. But, that's expected. If I could do all this crap without too much effort, I wouldn't need bootcamp in the first place!

And I second what another bootcamper has said-- I find myself on the scale about 4-5 times a day! I'm trying to get a sense of how much my weight fluctuates during the day. i.e., what do I weigh first thing in the morning? after breakfast? when I get home? after dinner? after peeing?!!? It's become a bit of an obsession. Or, rather like a science experiment (although only an observational one). But, those 2 lbs need to come off . . . I'd rather do the "treats" of my own volition rather than have to do them because I didn't reach the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment