Ok, so once again I didn't lose my 2 lbs. at the weigh-in this week. What is going on????!!! This is the healthiest eating I've ever done--I practically live in Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I have perfect attendance at boot-camp, but it seems I will be stuck doing the 'extra treats' forever. So I talked to the trainers, and they are saying I'm not eating enough calories. Also, that it might take longer for the weight to come off because I am already small. The only consolation I have is this: I'm not gaining any extra weight, and my pants are definitely loose. I can't help but feel a little down though.
So we had to run four laps this week. Lord. I was running with my B.B.B. (Best Bootcamp Bud) Kesha, and we would stop here and there to walk (rest) for five, ten, sixty seconds before we'd start running again. Another boot-camper, Shay, comes up behind us and says, "I just finished my laps, but I'm going to run your laps with you. Ya'll are not going to walk, you're going to run the whole way, you can do it!" So Shay begins running with us. Oh Boy. I started getting a little tired and slowed down to a walk---almost. Shay proceeded to get behind me and pushed/ran me back up to our prior speed. OMG, every time I wanted to stop, Shay kept pushing me, literally. At one point, she grabbed Kesha too, and by that time we were both begging for a break. Shay would say, "Ok, see that bench up there, we'll stop when we get there." Relief---NOT! She would make us keep running past the designated 'rest point'! LOL! Ok, so when she FINALLY gave us a break, I asked her, "How do you keep going???" She said that you get used to it, and then said this: "I wasn't a runner at first, but someone in boot-camp helped me, and now I'm helping you. And now I LOVE to run, so let's go!"
That's what I love about Yardie. We're all at different fitness levels, but we have a common goal. Everyone is friendly and encouraging. Shay, thank you for helping me get through those laps.
Week Three with Yardie---The workouts and extra treats broke me down!!!
Ok, the good news about the second weigh-in on Saturday is I didn't gain any weight. Bad news: I lost less than 2 lbs. :( During the second week, my trainer/coach, Daryl, kept saying, "You don't want to owe on the third week. You don't want to owe." And danggit! I owe! So I was filled with trepidation approaching Monday. What would the 'extra treats' be like? Would they kill me? Well, let's talk about the third session. We started working on a new hill; bigger and badder than last week. We also intensified the ab work. Run the hill, back to the mat to do V-ups, run the hill again, ab work----a seemingly never-ending cycle!
Somehow around the middle of the work-out, I felt tears coming out the corners of my eyes. What?! Yes. Thank God for my sunglasses. I actually cried one more time before it was time for the dreaded 'extra treats.' Rikki, one of the advisors, was in charge of this. OMG. Rikki made us run the hill ten times and perform mountain climbers each time we reached the base. This brought on Crying Episode #3 for me.
Why the emotion? I guess I was disappointed in myself--my struggle to keep up, to maintain the correct form, the thought of "I can't do THIS!!!!!" I thought about all those days I opted to sit on the couch after work, the nights of eating half pints of Haagen Dazs Crème' Brulee ice-cream, the fabulous restaurants. Simply put, just eating my heart out with very little thought to my health. I was a mess! Luckily, I found the inner strength to pull it together, and finish the workout, reminding myself, "It's never too late to turn it around."
---raschelle
No comments:
Post a Comment